Experience General and Operations Manager with 20 years experience leading teams and developing leadership to reach optimal performance, and maximum return on investment. Private and government experience with P&L responsibility in excess of 10 million. Army Gulf War Veteran with 12 years experience developing people and operating in highly stressful situations. Customer oriented developing long term mutual relationships.
- November 2014 - presentCustomer Service Manager
Union County Public WorksMonroe, NC
Union County Public Works (UCPW) provides water supply, waste water treatment, solid waste management, storm water management, and facilities management services to the unincorporated areas of Union County. Mange 23 personnel for the customer service and billing department operations. Develop new procedures and policy to improve our customer experience. Establish and manage annual budget. Negotiate government contracts for product and services servicing the customer service and billing department. Work closely with Executive Directors and Department Managers to improve operations and ensure vital water services are not interrupted and properly billed.
- April 2012 - May 2014Operations Manager
Successfully managed tactical decision making, oversight of operations, budget, and development of personnel for a document destruction and recycling warehouse facility. Managed daily operations and fleet maintenance driving efficiency, productivity, and revenue growth exceeding key performance objectives and customer service expectations.
• Developed efficiency tracking program improving asset efficiency and utilization 40% while reducing payroll expense.
• Improved Net Promoter customer feedback score from 80% to over 95% enhancing routing efficiency and on-time service.
• Developed and managed a fleet Preventative Maintenance Checks & Services (PMCS) program that reduced fleet expense by 30%, and greatly reduce fleet down time.
- September 1995 - April 2011Regional Operations Manager
Roto-Rooter Services Company IncCharlotte, NC
Regional Operations Manager:
Managed turnaround and support of multi-branch operations responsible for the financial growth of business units generating over $38 million annual revenue, and the professional development of over 400 staff and management personnel. Project and change management developing and implementing financial improvement plans of 10 branch operations in the capacity of onsite Interim General Manager with full P&L responsibility. Conducted internal audits, developed annual budgets, line item management, financial reporting, recruiting and training, detailed internal analysis of operations, and inventory audit programs.
• Developed and implemented “Technician Sales Improvement Training” (TSIT) identifying low performance and training needs which improved technician close rates 30%, lowered warranty repairs 50%, added $400k in annual revenue, improved retention and lowered recruiting costs over $160k.
• Improved sales and profit margins to meet and exceed key performance and budget objectives in under performing locations.
• Developed process improvements and conducted internal audits recovering over $800k in inventory, lost profits, customer overcharges, and commission over-payments.
• Created tools for estimator personnel improving contribution margins from 40% to 60%.
Regional Call Center Manager
Managed the start-up and continued administration of an award winning 24/7 national inbound call center and central dispatch operation. Managed a team of 75+ customer service and dispatch personnel, and developed operating procedures which improved the operational efficiency, productivity, and customer service level of over 700 servicemen in a 9 state region generating over $70 million annually. High volume multitasking position with over 600,000 inbound calls and 400.000 service requests annually.
• Received 18 call center customer service and sales awards, and recognized as “Call Center of the Year.”
• Developed outbound sales and recovery initiatives that recaptured dropped calls, cancellations, and non-revenue service requests adding over $1 million in annual sales for 16 branch locations.
• Created staffing tool identifying manpower shortages, turnover, and recruiting which improved staffing, efficiency, increased branch close rates 15%, and reduced customer cancellations 20% per location.
• National testing and training facility for call center programming and IT, GPS routing dispatch software (ETRACE), Automated Call Distribution (ACD), Automated Call Record (ACR), Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
Managed the acquisition and financial management for a corporate conversion in Seattle Washington with annual sales of 10 million managing 75 personnel. Managed Canadian Branch in Vancouver Canada with annual sales of 3.5 million annually.
• Developed the “Preventive Maintenance Contract Program” which produced $350k in new contracts and increased sales 20%.
• Created” Outbound Sales Program” which increased add-on sales, recovered voided and no-revenue service calls, and up-sold services helping the branch grow from $8 million to $11 million first year becoming the model for call center initiatives.
Managed the financial turnaround of a $3.5 million international branch managing 40 staff and management personnel.
• Successful turnaround of branch sales and profit improving profits by 138% from the prior year.
• Internal audit and inventory improvements recovered over $50k in inventory shrinkage.
• Developed an industrial Services Division adding $500k in sales and became the model for similar programs nationally
- University of Phoenix
BS-Business Management2005 - 2010Graduated with honors