CNAs- 12 and 8 hour shifts available!
We now have 12 hour shifts available in our health center. 8 hour shifts are available in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing.
The CNA assists the residents in the Health Center with all activities of daily living (ADL). Personal hygiene and basic nursing care is provided by the CNA. The CNA observes and reports any changes in the resident’s status to the Resident Care Coordinator or Charge Nurse.
- Review residents’ care plans and provide all required activities of daily living (ADL) for assigned residents.
- Follow weekly bath schedules
- Support residents during mealtimes
- Monitor and document residents’ inputs, outputs, vitals, weights, behavior, safety and any other changes
- Porter residents to and from activities and/or appointments
- Attend in-services and training as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
High School Diploma and the successful completion of a CNA program, which meets the standards established in the Long Term Care Act.
Current CPR/First Aid Certificate/Licensure as a CNA
Minimum of six hundred (600) hours of related experience, including both class time and practical experience, preferably with clinical experience in a geriatric or long term care setting.
- Residents’ activities of daily living (ADL), such as hygiene, optimal functioning, well-being and feeding
- CNA routines and practices in a long-term care setting
- Infection control guidelines
- Lifting, transferring and positioning techniques
- Rehabilitation and palliative approaches
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
- Ability to contribute effectively as a team member
- Ability to treat residents with dignity, respect and care
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop rapport with residents and their families
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to follow resident care plan and carry out activities as directed
- Ability to report resident needs through observation of their condition/behavior
- Ability to follow safety procedures to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Ability to apply lifting, transferring and positioning techniques of persons requiring long term care
- Demonstrates respect for resident choice, privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable, punctual, flexible, adaptable, tactful, professional
- Meets the physical demands of the job
Sign up for Job Alerts
Exciting Sales Rep Opportunity at Ed-Tech Company (Asheville, NC)Strivven MediaAsheville, NC, United StatesApr 30
Registered Nurse - Chemo InfusionMission HealthFRANKLIN, NCApr 30
Multi-Modality Imaging Tech (CT/Xray)Mission HealthBREVARD, NCApr 30
LPN - Physician PracticeMission HealthMARION, NCApr 30
Registered Nurse - ELCMission HealthHIGHLANDS, NCApr 30
More from Givens Estates
Clinical Educator- part timeGivens EstatesArden, NC, United StatesApr 28
Recreation Therapy AssistantGivens EstatesArden, NC, United StatesApr 18
RN/LPNGivens EstatesArden, NC, United StatesApr 18
Weekend Grounds/Maintenance Utility SupportGivens EstatesArden, NC, United StatesApr 18
HousekeepingGivens EstatesArden, NC, United StatesApr 07
Jade Mountain Builders hiring Framing and Trim CarpentersJade Mountain BuildersAsheville, NC, United StatesApr 28
Certified Nursing AssistantBrightStar Care of AshevilleAsheville, NC, United StatesApr 21
Visual Inspector Arden NCFriday-Staffing-AshevilleArden, NC, United StatesApr 04
Call Center RepresentativeKen Wilson FordCanton, NC, United StatesMar 29
ManagersBrueggers BagelsAsheville, NC, United StatesApr 11